On April 6, 2021, a general election will be held for many of the local offices. This general election is commonly called the municipal election.
|Public Body Type||Elected Officials||Office Type|
|SCHOOL (ELEM & HS)||85||Board Member|
Of these 358 offices, 213 are elected as non-partisan elections; meaning the candidate are not declared as Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc. In 2021, only the 145 Township offices will be on the ballot as as Republican, Democrat, or Independent.
December 1, 2020 Township Republican Caucuses
Most of the townships in Tazewell County will be conducting Township Republican Caucuses to elect the Republican candidates who will appear on the April 6 ballot for Township Supervisor, Township Clerk, Township Assessor, Township Highway (Road) Commissioner and 4 Township Trustees. These caucuses will occur on Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Washington Township's Republican Central Committed elected to hold a primary which will occur on February 23, 2021.
In townships that do not conduct a Township Republican Caucus or primary election, no candidates will appear on the April 6 ballot as Republican.
Reference Materials (Downloads)
Caucus and Candidate Forms (Downloads)
- Caucus Notice - ISBE form N-6
- Caucus Notice - ISBE form N-6 - 2020 Tazewell County Republican Caucus
- Affidavit of Voter Attending Township Caucus - ISBE form H-1
- Certificate of Nomination by Caucus - ISBE form H-2
- Statement of Candidacy (Nomination by Caucus) - ISBE form P-1K
- Statement of Economic Interests
- Loyalty Oath - ISBE form P-1C
Chairman of the Caucus Aids (Downloads)
- Tazewell GOP Recommendations for Township Caucus
- Tazewell GOP Prototype Caucus Announcement and Agenda
- Tazewell GOP Prototype Caucus Rules of Procedure
- Tazewell GOP Prototype Call to Caucus
- Tazewell GOP Prototype Caucus Ballots
- Tazewell GOP Prototype Caucus Voter History
Statutory Definitions of Township Offices (Downloads)
- Township Supervisor - 60 ILCS 1 Article 70
- Township Clerk - 60 ILCS 1 Article 75
- Township Assessor - 60 ILCS 1 Article 77
- Township Assessor - Township Assessment Officials - 35 ILCS 200 Article 2
- Township Highway (Road) Commissioner - 60 ILCS 1 Article 73
- Township Highway (Road) Commissioner - Administration of Township and District Roads - 605 ILCS 5 Article 6
- Township Trustees - 60 ILCS 1 Article 80