2024 Tazewell County Republican Scholarship
Tazewell County Republicans are proud to announce the first annual scholarship program.
Tazewell County Republicans believe in the future of American Exceptionalism, the U.S. Constitution, and the Founding Father’s First Principles. We are engaged in the battle to preserve freedom and liberty in America. We believe our youth are our future and we are committed to supporting their efforts in continuing education and developing conservative values.
The Tazewell County Republican Party, by special committee, will award $1,000 scholarships to two Tazewell County high school seniors, one each to a male and a female, for use in post high school education at an accredited educational institution. Acceptable educational institutions include 2-year junior college, 4-year college or university, or an accredited trade school.
To be eligible to compete for a Tazewell County Republican scholarship, students must first meet the following criteria:
- Applying students must be a resident of Tazewell County, Illinois for the entire 2023/2024 academic school year and be eligible for a high school diploma in the 2023/2024 school year.
- The student must provide their most recent academic transcript proving a cumulative 3.6/4.0 or equivalent GPA.
- Students must be participating in a school extracurricular activity and/or an outside community service project or program.
- The student must have at least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, clergy, coach, mentor, etc.
Note: Immediate family members of Tazewell County Republican Party officers and/or the Scholarship Selection Committee are not eligible.
Click here for the Tazewell County Scholarship Application (.pdf download)
The downloaded application document includes information how to submit an Scholarship Application Packet, including:
- Scholarship Application Form
- High School Transcript
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Essay (1,000 - 1200 Words): Why the United States Needs the Electoral College
A complete Scholarship Application Packet is required for consideration for the scholarship. Completed Scholarship Application Packets must be received by the Tazewell County Republican Scholarship Committee by March 22, 2024. Scholarship Application Packet may be mailed, emailed, or hand delivered (by appointment only).
Should you have any questions or wish to make an appointment to hand deliver your Scholarship Application Packet, please feel free to contact the Tazewell County Republican Chairman, Jim Rule, by email at [email protected] or by phone at 309-208-9930.
Email Scholarship Application Packets to:[email protected] OR mail to: Tazewell County Republicans, Attn: Scholarship, PO Box 534, Tremont, IL 61568.
Our future is in our youth's hands, we want to contribute to tomorrow's leaders.